Title: Banksman Training – Safely Directing and Guiding Cranes
Course Overview: This comprehensive training program is designed to equip participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively guide cranes and other lifting operations while prioritizing safety for everyone involved. The program covers critical topics such as risk assessment and planning, communication and coordination skills, and best practices for working with crane operators and other team members during lifting operations.
- Directing and Guiding Cranes
- Overview of the role of a banksman in crane operations
- Understanding of the risks and hazards associated with lifting operations
- Best practices for safely directing and guiding cranes
- Risk Assessment and Planning
- Importance of risk assessment and planning in lifting operations
- Hazard identification and risk assessment techniques
- Developing a lifting plan and permit-to-work review
- Communication and Coordination
- Effective communication techniques for guiding crane operators
- Coordination of activities between the banksman and crane operator
- Communication with other team members, including riggers and signalers
Course Duration: This course has a duration of 3 days, providing ample time for participants to fully comprehend the various aspects of banksman training. Upon completion of this program, participants will have gained valuable skills and knowledge that will enable them to work effectively and safely in crane operations.