Rigging and Slinging
The Basic Rigging and Slinging course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to safely and effectively rig and sling loads. This course is important for individuals who work in industries such as construction, transportation, and manufacturing, where lifting operations are common. The course covers the safe and effective methods of rigging and slinging loads, the inspection and maintenance of rigging equipment, risk assessment, and control measures to prevent accidents and injuries during lifting operations.
- Safe and effective methods for rigging and slinging loads
- Proper use of equipment, rigging hardware, and load-carrying capacity
- Inspection and maintenance of rigging equipment
- Proper storage and handling of rigging equipment
- Risk assessment and control measures to prevent accidents and injuries during lifting operations
The Basic Rigging and Slinging course typically takes 8 hours to complete, but the duration may vary depending on the training provider and the specific requirements of the industry. The course may include a mix of theoretical and practical components, such as hands-on demonstrations and simulations. Upon completion of the course, participants will receive a certificate of competence, which is valid for a certain period of time (usually three years).